To consistently practice the tenets of Islam and to uphold and reinforce Islamic value as illustrated in the holy Quran and the Sunnah of prophet Muhammad (pbuh); to provide Islamic religious and education services to the followers of the religion of Islam; to elevate the general level of public consciousness and awareness of Islamic social and cultural values; to provide services to the general community, irrespective of religion, that will aid in improving the cultural, social and intellectual quality of life of its residents; to foster ways to participate with others in the community who have similar goals and objectives and in general to promote activities that do not compromise the goals and objectives of Masjid Omar Ibn al Khattab Foundation as outlined in this statement and the charter of the organization.
The Challenges to Islam in Los Angeles
An Assessment of Needs - A Statement of Goals
- Render of Islamic religious services to the Muslim population of the area.
- Provide Islamic education, Islamic youth leadership training programs and Islamic Outreach activities.
- Disseminate information about Islamic culture and history to universities, colleges and schools to integrate in their curriculum.
- Cooperate with other Islamic organizations, mosques and institutions in the area.
- Establish partnerships with academic, cultural, scientific institutions and faith based non-profit organizations.
- Establish an Islamic research facility open to the use of the general public and to specialized needs of the intellectual and academic community.
- Establish a community based learning center to provide enrichments programs to neighborhood children.
- Promote a dialogue dealing with the issues of religion and its service to the population in the 21st century.
The provision of services to the general community that address the outstanding needs in the City of Los Angeles for shelter, welfare, employment and job training, youth training, education and basic human needs.